Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monday

 Sunday afternoon, I had some sweet woman time with my friend, Laura. 


My husband had some sweet brother time on the golf course.


He called me on his way home and said he had a surprise. I thought he was going to bring me a fountain dew from the gas station...don't laugh, they really are a great surprise. 


Instead, he brought me this treasure:
Free table!

I couldn't believe how blessed I was.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.
Well, not exactly, I only second-guessed myself a few times. Then we looked through 3,279 50 paint samples and finally decided on the perfect blue-green color. A color I found in an old Lucky magazine. It was actually a trenchcoat, but hey, isn't that how all the designers do it. 

The husband took me to Lowe's at 7:30 a.m. on Monday to get the paint and now I have this precious blessing that makes me smile every time I walk in my living room..

I'm pairing the bright turquoise with milk glass vases and my favorite coconut candle.

bits of splendor monday
Head over to Laura's blog and read up on some more sweet things!





   

<

2 comments:

Nicole said...

seriously. so much fun.

i have several pieces that needing painting yesterday. :)

xo

Laura Caddell said...

Nice find!!! Love that color!